One of my very favorite Twitter followers, who ALWAYS laughs at my lame jokes–or at least pretends to–who goes by the name of Rhiann Wynn-Nolet, has nominated me for this thing:
Which I think is totes SFC (aka SUPER-F#%€ING-COOL) and therefore, I am prompted to pass the metaphorical torch to seven lucky others. (Which I will announce in a subsequent post, in order to heighten the suspense.)
In the meantime, here are the rules of–aka the strings attached to–this illustrious award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (hint: this person has two thumbs, and both are pointed at yours truly).
3. State 7 things about yourself. (Examples to follow)
4. Nominate up to 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them*. (I’m doing 7, because it’s a lucky number and well, 15 is a LOT.)
*As mentioned, my nominations will be going up in the next post.
And now, without further ado, here are Seven Things You Probably Never Wanted to Know About Me:
1. Cantaloupe freaks me out. I’m not kidding, and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t make fun of me. Regardless of whether or not Cantaphobia is recognized by the American Psychology Association, I truly believe that my fear stems from a repressed, melon-associated trauma in my past.
2. My first name was spelled incorrectly on my birth certificate, and no one noticed until I was 20 years old.
3. In 11th grade, my teacher dared me to do something embarrassing if I won DECA state finals, and I did…so I grabbed the guy who was giving out the awards and kissed him, Adrien Brody style. (Sadly, he did not look like Adrian Brody.)
4. My secret dream is to one day become the non-fictional, female version of Richard Castle: literary rock star. (Who also solves crimes. And plays cards with James Patterson.)
5. As a camp councilor, I led a midnight raid on the mess hall so glorious that tiny little campers still whisper about it to this day. All told, we absconded with over twenty pounds of canned green beans, several boxes of cereal, at least six bags of marshmallows, and a precious bottle of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup. (Later, we felt guilty, so we snuck back in and returned it all…sans chocolate syrup.)
6. I have visited over twenty different countries in the last year.
7. The closest I’ve ever come to speaking a second language is learning what my restaurant friends call “kitchen and street” Spanish. (i.e. a sole grasp of nouns, verbs and adjectives relating to food and/or criminal activities.) However, thanks to my brief career as a cruise ship employee, I can swear in over a dozen languages, including Sinhalese.
Stay tuned for the next post, in which I will announce the lucky seven nominees!
5 thoughts on “One Inspiring Blog (Post)”
I love your Castle inspiration, and I totally see that in your future. I also totally see me mooching off that literary success and hanging out by one of those firepit thingies in your NYC apartment while your servant mixes us drinks. I have high mooch-y aspirations.
That sounds AMAZING. Don’t forget about our epic indoor laser tag battles.
Dude, V. You just get me…
I’m not ashamed to say that I have a Nathan Fillion man-crush, which obviously extends to his role as Castle, as well as Mal in Firefly.
I once made chem-light bombs and ambushed another platoon during a training exercise, does that count for something? (***There was no remorse though)
And finally, I am mad that you beat me in the number of countries visited in the last year category. I am at 18. But I do speak really, REALLY poor Latin, French, and Italian. So I’m going to still say you win, but only by a hair. Or thread. Or… Silk? Whatever.
Can I come hang out in the Castle-esque flat in NYC?
I just knew you’d have interesting things to share. The cantaphobia is fascinating. Freud would love it… Thanks for letting me pass the torch to your pilfering, card-playing little hands 🙂
Comments are closed.